Editorial/Digital News AssistantWork From Home
This person will assist our editor and team of writers in the digital news division of our Messianic Jewish Ministry while working from home.
Essential Duties Include:
- Work from home
- Providing administrative and editorial support to the editor.
- Copyediting and proofreading articles and briefs.
- Researching, selecting, color correcting and resizing photos.
- Laying out photos and articles in email and blog software.
- Researching and fact-checking stories.
- Developing articles and blogs.
- Assisting or managing our Facebook, Twitter, other social Media accounts.
- Assisting with other tasks as required.
REQUIRED Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Judaism, Jewish Roots of Christianity, and Israel
- Undergraduate degree in English, Writing, or Journalism.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, with a good understanding of grammar and punctuation.
- Demonstrated news judgment, and skill in reporting and writing for the Web and for blogs.
- Demonstrated skill in all aspects of online journalism – reporting, writing, editing, photography and social media.
- Demonstrated understanding social media concepts and blogging best practices.
- Willingness to innovate and learn new skills.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment where all team members are invited to provide input to major decisions.
Experience in the following is preferred:
Email software, for example: Icontact, MailChimp, Constant Contact.
Photo Resizing Software
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience.
Work Schedule: Five days a week. Part-time or full-time. Monday-Thursday with the fifth day to be determined.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org